Thursday, April 30, 2009

Buoyed by Christian Hope


Good morning to all. I am in Washington, DC this morning for a meeting. I want to thank everyone for their comments on this blog over the past few days. I am crushed for time today and don't have the time for a lengthy blog. Just wanted to keep connected. As this Easter Season continues to unfold, I offer you this snippet from the work of the late Chrysogonus Waddell, OCSO. This piece, The Earth Feared and Was Silent, includes these words in its refrain, "The earth feared and was silent when God arose for judgment, Alleluia." Sample pages of this octavo can be found on WLP's web site here. Waddell's works have a luminous quality and lift my own mind and heart to the heavens. I pray that his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, may rest in peace. I invite you to take a moment out of your busy day today to pray for those among your loved ones and friends, who have gone to their rest in the hope of rising again. Today I particularly bring to mind my own sister, Joanne, who died in 2001. This season of joy buoys my Christian hope; my prayer is that it does the same for you.

No comments: